Sunday 12 June 2011

Lushious (plastic free) Looks

I treated myself last week to some utterly delicious lush shampoo and conditioner bars and oooooh la la are they scrumptious.  Not only do they smell divine, they soap up really well and my hair is so much fluffier and voluminous.  The soap is a lot lighter than that you get in a bottle, so it doesnt cling onto you locks weighing you hair down.  The number of bottled brands that I have tried to use to lift my roots and finally I have a ethical product that does the job.



I  also invested in some more toothy tabs which are AMAZING.  Its toothpaste in a tablet and I like it so much more than regular toothpaste.  It isnt minty like a tube of toothpaste, it taste a little bit soapy (which takes a little bit of getting used to) but it has more of a chalky texture, which means your teeth feel like they get a much more thorough clean, almost an exfoliation.


Toothpaste is just a habit - give it up and stick to toothy tabs.




What makes these three products all so much more scrumptious is they are all completely plastic package free - WOOPEE, which means the only plastic packaging in our bathroom now is my face cleanser and the bathroom cleaners, oh and the next item.



There is one other thing that I have been pondering a lot at the moment and that is razors.  Now I am not a big fan of shaving, its a pain in the derriere as far as I am concerned and my skin isnt too keen on it either, it always gets sore, but what really annoys me is the number of plastic disposable razors that I have sent to the landfill in my years.  But lets face it unshaven legs just arnt acceptable in this society and I like to bare my legs so whats got to be done has got to be done.

So I have invested in a VENUS (oooooo), and yes it is still plastic and it is a little expensive, BUT its just the head of the razor that you change, so that means a lot less plastic going to landfill AND the razor is a lot better quality so my legs should be happier.  But if anyone has any more eco ideas to keep my legs smooth and sexy please do let me know.  I had thought about going old school with a barbers razor, buuut, I am rather clumsy and I would like to keep all parts of my legs.

Thanks for reading,

Best wishes,

from a lushily smelling, voluminous hair wearing, plastic free Jade


2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog via transition. Very interesting, good on you. The Cambridge Organic Food Co do veg boxes and almost everything comes without plastic, if that helps.
    Also, for shaving, I've used the same electric ladyshave for 20 years (ouch, I feel old now!) and that's been great. Yes, it's electric, but I've only had one replacement blad in 20 years, and it's still fine, and gives smooth legs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also just found your blog through the weekly Cambridge transition email. I am such a fan of Lush and also use the shampoo bars - no packaging and lasts way longer than bottled shampoo! I definitely recommend the aluminium tins they make to keep it in, just make sure you keep the tin open to the air occasionally to stop the shampoo bar getting too damp. I also use the shaving cream when shaving legs (with a plastic Venus razor!), the pot is recyclable if you take it back to the shop, better than an aerosol can of shaving foam!

    ReplyDelete